Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Amblyopia - alternatives to patching
amblyopia (lazy eye). In fact, the latest evidence-based treatment approaches do not rely so heavily on patching, if at all.
Patching can often be the worst treatment for amblyopia for a particular child for a number of reasons.
Kids naturally hate to patch. Patching covers the child's good eye, which makes it difficult to for the child to see. When kids wear a patch for 7 or 8 hours a day, as some doctors recommend, the effect can be profoundly disruptive and unpleasant for the child.
Patching can also make a child a target for bullying, it can make them feel different and affect their self esteem. Read more...
Vision Source Vancouver
Dr. M.K. Randhawa, OD
2625 East 49th Avenue
Tel: (604) 435-3931
Eye News by "See For Life"
- Vision Therapy Vancouver
- Behavioural Optometrist Vancouver
- Vision Source Vancouver Optometrists | Dr. M.K. Randhawa
- Depth Perception and 3D Vision
- Convergence Insufficiency
- Vancouver Vision
- Free Eye-Glasses
- Myopia Doctor
- Dry Eye Clinic Vancouver
- Low Vision Vancouver
- Eye Nutrition Vancouver
- Vision Source Vancouver Promotions
- See for Life - Dr. Randhawa's blog
- Orthokeratology Vancouver